Wednesday, January 23, 2013

On Top of the World

Inspired by my pal Suze, I offer a Carpenters tribute... after a fashion...

Rick Moranis, Parenthood:




Chris Farley and David Spade, Tommy Boy:




The following is the one Carpenters song I genuinely love.  I've long assumed that it was originally their song and Sesame Street co-opted it.  In fact, the opposite is true.  "Sing" was written by Joe Raposo who penned the vast majority of the classic songs from both SS and The Electric Company:




Finally, a reverse tribute.  Obviously, this was a Beatles song first and the world would be better off if the Carpenters had never gone anywhere near it.  Think of it as brain cleanser:


2 comments:

  1. Well, see now, *there's* the mark of a successful musical career: schmaltzy tributes by Canuck funsters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of those first two clips still make me laugh, despite repeated viewings. The line in the first - "We're trying so hard to keep these kids off drugs" - gets me every time.

      Delete