Monday, September 24, 2012

My Baseball Fantasy: Ian Desmond

Private League: won, 6-4 (advanced to final)
Public League: lost, 7-2-1 (relegated to 3rd place game)
My Player of the Week: Ian Desmond (Shortstop, Nationals) with 1 home run, 5 runs, 3 RBI, 2 stolen bases and a .474 batting average
Photo via Emerald Gardens

It's strange.  I've generally had a much easier time of it in the public league this season but now I am guaranteed a stronger finish in the private one.  Desmond made the All-Star Game for the first time this year - yet another cog in the surprising DC juggernaut.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, I think old Expos fans get to rejoice in this one, too. That team had to move. That doesn't mean the few remaining fans at the end aren't entitled to a stake in this. You know I'm rooting for an Orioles/Nationals World Series.

      Delete