Saturday, April 28, 2012

Second Basemen, A to Z: Eric Young

Player: Eric Young
Born: 5/18/1967 in New Brunswick, New Jersey
Major League Career: 1992-2006
Games Played at Second Base: 1,295
Most Games Played For: Colorado Rockies


Photo via Bleacher Report

Eric Young was one of the original members of the Colorado Rockies and hit a home run in the team's first-ever home at-bat. His best season was 1996: .324 batting average, 8 homers, 74 RBI, 53 stolen bases, All-Star selection and a Silver Slugger. He is currently first base coach for the Arizona Diamondbacks.

******************

For last year's A-Z Challenge, I featured players of the Baltimore Orioles/St. Louis Browns organization, my favorite baseball team. I managed to cover every position on the field except for one: second baseman. As such, I decided to devote this year's challenge entirely to the second base position, honoring the individuals who earned their keep playing one of the game's most demanding defensive positions.

Head on over to Blogging from A to Z April Challenge to find others joining the adventure.


1 comment:

  1. Looking at Young's DOB reminds me that I am now older than every player on my beloved Red Sox...

    ReplyDelete