Sunday, April 29, 2012

Family Adventures: Pirates


We spent a delightful afternoon with the Mocks today.  First, we had lunch at Joyce's.  I really like Joyce's but I have yet to find a favorite dish there.  I had the Hunan spicy pork today - good but not great. 


Image via Geek Tyrant

Afterward, we went to see The Pirates! Band of Misfits.  We are all big Wallace & Gromit fans and thus excited for the latest Aardman Animation offering.  For My Wife, the film satisfies many interests.  For starters, she loves pirates.  She's also a Doctor Who fan so David Tennant devoting his voice talents for the character of Charles Darwin was a plus.  She likes Brian Blessed (The Pirate King) a lot, too.

Overall, it's a fun movie.  The combined claymation/CGI animation is outstanding, as expected.  The humor is clever with a nice balance of jokes to satisfy both kids and adults.  I have to admit, though, that I did fall asleep part way through.  Apparently, Mock did, too, which made me feel less guilty.  I'd say three-out-of-five stars is a fair assessment.

Alas, April break is over now - back to work tomorrow.  Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment