Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Football Fantasy: Peterson

College League: lost, 88.11-87.43 (2-3 overall, 11th place out of 12 teams)
Vermont League: won, 109.26-80.30 (3-2 overall, 3rd out of 12)
My Player of the Week: Adrian Peterson (Running Back, Vikings) with 122 rushing yards and 3 touchdowns


Photo via Sportsrantz.com

Losing by less than a point in the college league was brutal. Going into MNF, I had Jay Cutler (QB) and Roppongi Moose had Matt Forte (RB), both of the Chicago Bears. I thought I had a shot on the final desperation drive with Cutler throwing on every snap. But dagnabbit, if he didn't keep throwing to Forte! Grr...

If I were to build an NFL franchise around a single player, I'd pick Adrian Peterson. Big things have been expected from Peterson since he first attained national prominence in high school. And yet, his success at each new level has always been shocking. Everyone knew he'd be a great tailback at Oklahoma but no one expected him to finish second in the Heisman voting as a freshman. Everyone knew he'd be a great pro but no one expected him to break the single-game rushing record as a rookie. In my opinion, Jim Brown and Barry Sanders are in a class by themselves as the all-time greats. But if Peterson keeps it up, he's sure to join them. Through the miracle of auto draft, I was able to grab him in the first round of the Vermont league draft.

1 comment: