Monday, August 15, 2011

My Baseball Fantasy: Howard

Private League: lost 3-6-1 (109-71-10 overall; 2nd place out of 10; behind on tiebreaker #8, highest winning percentage in Week 19)
Public League: 1st place out of 12, 11 points ahead
My Player of the Week: Ryan Howard (First Baseman, Phillies) with 2 home runs, 8 RBI, 6 runs and a .400 batting average


Photo via PhillySportsCentral.com

It's been an eventful week. My matchup in the private league was against one of my strongest rivals, a guy making a late surge who has now taken over the top spot from me. We've only got three regular season weeks left. I'm hoping to clinch a playoff spot this week.

Meanwhile, all is going swimmingly in the public league. The trade deadline was yesterday for both leagues so it's time to start thinking about my roster differently. I acquired Howard via trade earlier in the season. I made the move mostly for pitching but Howard's been a major part of my surge as well. Sadly for me, I can't claim to have much in common with Mr. Howard, a surefire Hall-of-Famer at the rate he's going. However, we did both play the trombone in high school.

Hey, come join my college pick'em group!

Yahoo! Group #1978
Password: mockmock

No comments:

Post a Comment