Thursday, July 7, 2011

30 Songs in 30 Days, Day 21: A Song That You Listen to When You're Happy

Song: "September"
Writers: Maurice White, Al McKay and Allee Willis
Band: Earth, Wind & Fire



When we're happy at our house, we dance. Funk is my favorite dance music and Earth, Wind & Fire is as good as it gets. The hard part is picking just one song! "September" brought EWF to a whole new audience when Gap used the song in an ad campaign. I actually had a temp job with Gap's online store at the time and got to see the ad before its general release.



Speaking of ads, I can't believe I neglected to include this video with my Day 18 post. The following is my favorite commercial ever.



*********************

I hope you'll join us for the "30 Songs in 30 Days" challenge, inspired by the tumblr list. Our 30 Songs roster:

Stay on target...
Marc Whitman's Blog
Haley says "Hello" To You

It's never too late to post your own. Tomorrow is...

Day 22: A Song That You Listen to When You're Sad

3 comments:

  1. September is such a strong song that almost ANY version is fun. Nan is partial to the Sisqo/Vitamin C version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the Earth, Wind and Fire version...I like funk. It's grown on me in the past 15 or 20 years because Dwayne LOVES it.

    I have never seen that commercial before and it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funk was the collateral damage when the world turned against disco. Funk is similar but sooooooooo much better.

      Delete