Monday, June 13, 2011

My Tennis Fantasy: Kohlschreiber

Current Overall Standing: 24th
My MVP for the Week: Philipp Kohlschreiber (Germany) with $154,789, defeating Philipp Petzschner (Germany) in the finals of the Gerry Weber Open


Photo via Photo Gallery Actors

Kohlschreiber has a well-earned reputation as a giant killer. He took out Andy Roddick (USA) at the 2008 Australian Open and Novak Djokovic (Serbia) at the 2009 French. Kohlschreiber only has three career titles at the ATP level but, interestingly, they are on three different surfaces: 2007 Munich (clay), 2008 Auckland (hard) and now 2011 Halle (grass).

I completely flaked on the UNICEF Open this week. I entered my picks for AEGON International late Saturday afternoon and fully intended to do the UNICEF ones that evening. Alas, I forgot. At least it's just a 250 tournament. It's not as if I forgot about Wimbledon or anything.

Note to self: don't forget about Wimbledon!

Meanwhile, why...does...the...Fantasy...Tennis...Tour...site...take...soooooooooooooooo...long...to..........
...............................................load? It's almost bad enough to put me off of the whole idea.

*************

I hope you'll join us for the "30 Songs in 30 Days" challenge, inspired by the tumblr list. My friends Mock (Stay on target...) and Marc (Marc Whitman's Blog) have also taken up the challenge. We're kicking off on Friday. Let me know if you'd like to join us and I'll post your link as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment