Saturday, June 18, 2011

30 Songs in 30 Days, Day 2: Your Least Favorite Song

Song: "My Heart Will Go On"
Writers: James Horner (music) and Will Jennings (lyrics)
Singer: Céline Dion
Album: Let's Talk About Love and Titanic: Music from the Motion Picture

I will NOT include a sound file for this one. You can't make me!

I wasn't sure at first which song to pick but I tried to think if there was one song for which I would leap across the room to turn off the radio. Then it was obvious. I can hardly express the depths to which I detest this song. I can't say I'm really a fan of the movie, either.

When I first started teaching, among my responsibilities was 8th grade general music. My curriculum centered on keyboard skills and the first demo song on all of the electronic keyboards in my room was, you guessed it, "My Heart Will Go On." Mindlessly, I frequently told my students how much I hated the song - way too much information to entrust to a mischievous early teen. More than once, one of the little dears would start the demo just as s/he was leaving the room - maximum volume, of course. Oh, the joys...

******************

I hope you'll join us for the "30 Songs in 30 Days" challenge, inspired by the tumblr list. My friends Mock (Stay on target...) and Marc (Marc Whitman's Blog) have also taken up the challenge. It's never too late to post your own. Tomorrow is...

Day 3: A Song That Makes You Happy

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA...Too funny... Celine is tops on my list of least favorite performers. I don't want to hear ANYTHING by her. So yes, I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you've hit them all, Michelle! I hope you enjoyed the stroll.

      Delete