Monday, April 4, 2011

A to Z, The Orioles' Legacy: Terry Crowley

Player: Terry Crowley
Total Years of Service: 12 (1969-73, 1976-82)
Position: Utility Man


Image via Baseball Almanac

Crowley was the Orioles' first-ever designated hitter. He mostly earned his keep as a pinch hitter, with 108 career appearances in that capacity. Crowley won World Series titles with the O's in 1970 and also the Reds in 1975. He has also logged 16 years as the Birds' hitting coach.

******************

For each letter of the A to Z Challenge, I will feature one player from Baltimore Orioles/St. Louis Browns history. I hope you will join me. I hope you'll also check out the other 1200+ blogs participating. See the full list at Tossing It Out.


In particular, check out Star Trek - Sci Fi Blog by my new blogger friend, Spacerguy.

No comments:

Post a Comment