Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Football Fantasy: Out of the Running

College League: Squid loses, 83.44-57.17 (3-10 overall)
Vermont League: Squid loses, 98.12-94.80 (6-7)
My MVP: LeSean McCoy (Running Back, Eagles) with 44 yards rushing, 1 rushing touchdown, 86 yards receiving and 1 receiving touchdown.


Photo via Bleed Green

The regular season is over for the Vermont league. I'm out of the playoffs but I will be the top seed for the consolation round. I suppose that's something. We have one more week to go before the playoffs in the college league. I am the cellar dweller and can only play to salvage pride at this point. Nowhere to go but up!

And so, rather than thinking about what I did differently between the two leagues, I should be thinking about how I approached the baseball season. For football this year, I did a lot of research on strategies and it got me nowhere. For baseball, I invented my own strategy and won the title. Perhaps I will see how I can adapt it to football next year.

McCoy has had an awesome year. Unfortunately, I haven't always reaped the benefit. If there's one thing I did right this season, it was drafting RBs in the Vermont league. I came out of the draft with Frank Gore (49ers), Pierre Thomas (Saints), McCoy, Felix Jones (Cowboys) and Darren McFadden (Raiders). I've had some trouble with injuries and some underwhelming results from Jones but ultimately, I was strong enough at the position that I was able to trade McFadden away without hurting myself. The downside, however, was that I haven't always been able to start McCoy and he's had some very big games this season. So it goes.

I get this week off in the Vermont league. I await the winner of a matchup between Mock's brother and their stepfather. Meanwhile, college bowls are right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment