Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Football Fantasy: Irrelevant Dominance

College League: Squid wins, 111.24-50.95 (11th place finish)
Vermont League: Squid wins, 138.52-62.68 (9th place)
My MVP: Josh Freeman (Quarterback, Buccaneers) with 21 completions for 237 yards, 5 passing touchdowns, 2 sacks and 4 rushing attempts for 23 yards

Oh sure, everything comes together for my team right when it matters the least. I was the Greatest Fantasy Victor in both leagues. Where was this kind of luck three weeks ago?!!! Big excitement looms in the college league. Husband (last year's commish) and wife (Wild Turkey) face off in the championship this weekend. Their current projected points are within one point of each other! I hope all tensions will have cooled by the time we see them over MLK weekend.

Freeman had a great game but in truth, he's been a pretty solid quarterback for me ever since I added him to my college league squad mid-season - not spectacular, but dependable. Will he ever be a superstar-level QB in the NFL? Maybe, maybe not. But he could be good enough for the Bucs to build up the team at other positions

No comments:

Post a Comment