Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Let's Talk Baseball: End-of-the-Year Awards

The Josh Hamilton story just got a little better today as he won the American League MVP award for 2010. He was also, apparently, a candidate for Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year. (It's going to be Phil Jackson. You heard it here first.) Hamilton was my MVP for my fantasy team so I am very pleased.


Photo via jeffpearlman.com

Hamilton was one of three of my fantasy stalwarts to win Silver Sluggers awards. Ryan Zimmerman (3B, Nationals) and Brian McCann (C, Braves) were also honored with that distinction.


Zimmerman photo via Midwest Sports Fans


McCann photo via Ghost of Moonlight Graham

Heath Bell (Padres), another of my guys, was awarded Delivery of the Year as the top relief pitcher.


Photo via Cubbies Crib

No comments:

Post a Comment