Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Football Fantasy: A Close Shave

College League: Squid loses, 75.89-75.67 (2-5 overall record)
Vermont League: Squid wins, 89.68-74.06 (3-4)
My MVP: Chad Ochocinco (Wide Receiver, Bengals) with 108 receiving yards and 1 touchdown


Photo via Media Zombies

My matchup in the college league was particularly exciting, as reflected in the score. I went into the Monday night game 16.8 points behind but with three players still to go, whereas my opponent (aka Special Dinner) had none. I needed only mediocre games from three Cowboys: Miles Austin (Wide Receiver), Felix Jones (Running Back) and Bradie James (Linebacker). James held up his end of the deal with a great game: 6 solo tackles, 3 assisted tackles, 1 forced fumble and 1 fumble recovery. Austin and Jones? Not so much. Alas, I fell just short.

I am now two games out of the playoffs in the college league - not too good but I'm trying to stay positive. I feel a lot better about the Vermont league. I now have the same win-loss record as the sixth-place team but am behind in total points.

Ochocinco is my first return honoree in this space. I did have him in both leagues but, unfortunately, just let him go this week in the college one. Don't second-guess decisions, don't second-guess decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment