Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Baseball Fantasy: The Best Player in Baseball?

Week: August 22-28
Current Standing: 1st out of 12
My Player of the Week: Josh Hamilton (Left Fielder, Rangers) with 3 home runs, 8 RBI, 7 runs and a .375 batting average

A couple weeks ago, Sports Illustrated's Tom Verducci wrote a column on the Rangers' slugger: Hamilton Leaving No Doubt He Is the Best Player in Baseball. He has certainly been a fantasy gold mine for me. I have to admit that I had some misgivings about him at the beginning of the season: history of injury and substance abuse, inconsistency, etc. Plus, he's a lefty so there's always the concern he might miss starts against lefty pitchers. No doubt, it was because of these factors that he was available later in our draft. Instead, the MVP-type numbers keep piling up, now at 30 homers, 93 RBI, 91 runs, 8 stolen bases and a .357 batting average for the year. He still has all of September to build his case.

No comments:

Post a Comment