Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wimbledon Day 3: The Match That Never Ends

Curtain Call

Player: Ilija Bozoljac
Nation: Serbia
Age: 24
Current Ranking: 152
Tour Page
Player Page
Today's Result: loss to Roger Federer (1st seed, Switzerland) in four sets

I loved the way Bozoljac played today. He seemed to be thoroughly enjoying his match on the big stage with Fed and played with an air of confidence. No shrinking violet was he! The crowd was appropriately appreciative at the end, too: standing ovation.

I'd comment on the Isner-Mahut match but 9+ hours in, it's still a bit early to pass judgment, don't you think? Holy cow! And I was amazed that when they finally called it for the day, Isner was the one who wanted to keep playing. Of course, he was about to serve and wouldn't want to give Mahut a better chance to break him tomorrow. But still, the man looked like the walking dead.


All Part of My Fantasy

Maria Kirilenko (27th, Russia) was my choice today in the women's suicide pool and she came through for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment