Friday, April 30, 2010

Rome: Night Tennis on Clay

If I were to make one suggestion to the French Open organizers as to how to improve their event, it would be night tennis. Why not? It would ease scheduling problems tremendously. And, it looks cool!

So, Ernests Gulbis crashed the all-Spaniard party in the semifinals. The big Latvian was due for a breakout tournament. We saw him play in Montreal once. We were on an outside court and thus I have firsthand knowledge of what it's like to have one of his serves coming right at you. With the nature of his game, it's actually a little surprising that his break through has come on clay.

I've done reasonably well with my picks so far. Both of my finalists, Nadal and Ferrer, are still alive. I might have a chance at a decent finish this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment