Monday, November 9, 2009

All Part of My Fantasy: Week 9

Score for the week: Squid 61.85, Boston Bean 50.65
My MVP: Matt Hasselbeck (QB, Seattle) with 39 completions for 329 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 interception and 1 sack plus 5 yards rushing
Melodrama: The strangeness of rooting for both teams in the same game as I did for the Monday night game. I wanted Santonio Holmes, the Steelers' receiver to do well but their defense to do poorly. 1 out of 2 was enough to win for the week.

I met Boston Bean at the beginning of my sophomore year. He came in as a transfer and I was the student adviser (called RAs at other schools) on his floor. The Commish and The Kicker were under my jurisdiction as well. I was the most unnecessary student adviser in world history on that mostly senior floor. On the floor were three Phi Beta Kappas, two team captains and the editor of the student newspaper. In all honesty, I felt more like a mascot. They did enjoy being fed, though, so they'd show up for study breaks if I provided food.

This next week, I take on the Kicker's wife. She has complained about the lameness of our league's trash talk. I shall endeavor to fix that.

No comments:

Post a Comment